Selected Curatorial Projects
Beyond the Exhibition I. Contextualising of the Emerging Iranian Artists
Curated by: Shahram Entekhabi and Asieh Salimian (Factory TT Berlin/Tehran)
Artists:Shaghayegh Ahmadian, Negar (Zahra) Alemzade Gorji, Mustafa Choobtarash, Negar Ghiamat, Fahime Haghighi, Sara Hosseini Sefiddashti, Mehrdad Jafari, Alireza Nekouei, Roohangiz Safarinezhad, Rene Saheb, Farzin Shadmehr, Shahryar Rezaei
Presented by: Gallery Katharina Maria Raab
The starting point for Beyond the Exhibit I is the observation the lack of an institutional system for contemporary art in Iran, the lack of international exchange and the shortcomings in the field of education. If originally the few, more underground-based, off-market galleries were oriented towards an alternative-experimental understanding of art, today a gallery system based on economic speculation and plagiarism has emerged - also under the influence of the buyers from the Arab Emirates and Western art agents and the decorative in the foreground. This created a single market that has little in common with the value of an international art community.
International Group Exhibition
Copy / Paste II
Duration of exhibition: 23h June – July 24th, 2017
With kindly supported by: German Embassy, Tehran
Tabdil / Tolid (Conversion / Production)
June 6-7th, 2017
Location: Park Moalem, Seven Cheshmh, Ardabil, Iran
Curated by Shahram Entekhabi and Asieh Saliminan
April 2017, Azad Art Gallery, Tehran, Iran
Conception and Curator:
An International Exhibition Addressing the Phenomenon of “Copy / Paste” in the Cultural, Ecological, Economic, Identity- and Media-related Fields
Kindly supported by:
Tabdil / Tolid (Conversion / Production)
Site specific performances, Safavi House, Isfahan, Iran
Curators: Shahram Entekhabi and Asiyh Salimiyan
Artists: Mathilde ter Heijne, Zartosht Rahimi and Amin Fakhari
Iran Inside Out - Tailored
April 9-11 / April 16-18 2010
The project "Iran Inside Out - Tailored" by i-RAN-HOME.org is curated by Shahram Entekhabi in collaboration with Sophia Schultz, Kathrin Becker, Jamila Adeli, Hannah Munger, Kristina Tencic, Julia Lazarus and Kristina Paustian.
Presentations, performances and talks on inclusion/exclusion, censorship, and self-censorship of non-Western art in the institutionalized art scene.
i RAN HOME at Galerie Christian Hosp Berlin
Excuse me, are you famous?
Selected works 1990 – 2005
Curated by Kathrin Becker fand Shahram Entekhabi
contemporary art projects against racism in collaboration with UNICEF in Penang, Malaysia, 2009
an ongoing project by Shahram Entekhabi and Joe Sidek in collaboration with Museum and Gallery Tuanku Fauzan, USM, Penang, Malaysia.
I Am…, The interactive installation: June 23rd—25th, 2009
Location: 46 Jalan Masjid Kapitan Keling (Street of Harmony), Georgetown Penang, Malaysia
The 'I AM' Project is the first of the UNITY Project series which engages with local communities in exploring issues of identity, culture and belonging in multi-cultural Malaysia.
This project is a process of self-definition that addresses the question of Identity amongst Penang's vibrant community which is made up of a variety of ethnicity, faith, gender, age, education and social status.
The Public Performance Festival "Abwehr"
August 25th & 26th BERLIN
with the friendly support of the Regierender Bürgermeisters von Berlin, Senatskanzlei – Kulturelle Angelegenheiten
Artists: Nevin Aladag ,Nezaket Ekici , Shahram Entekhabi, Becky Ofek, Anny & Sibel Öztürk, Duo Stoll & Wachall, Ona Tav
• Copy / Paste II, Artistic director and curator Shahram Entekhabi and Co-Cutaroring Asieh Salimian, CC. Isfahan and Aknoon Gallery, Isfahan (2017)
• Tabdil Tolid, site specific performance, Safavi House, Isfahan, Iran (2017)
• Tabdil / Tolid The First Performance/ Environmental Art Cutarting by Shahram Salimian and Asieh Salimian in Ardebil, Iran (2017)
• Copy / Paste I, Artistic director and curator Shahram Entekhabi and Co-Cutaroring Asieh Salimian, Azad Gallery, Tehran (2016)
• Rang Forushi Sabegh, Collective Performance, Tehran (2015)
• Excuse me, are you famous? Curated by Kathrin Becker fand Shahram Entekhabi, Invaliden1 , Berlin (2009)
• Children on The Rrun, An Art Pproject to support children caught in crisis areas, Kunst Buero Berlin (2009)
• UNITY, contemporary art projects against racism in collaboration with UNICEF in Penang, Malaysia (2009)
• Without Limits, Founder and Artistic Director. Interdisciplinary Researchers + Artists Network, Berlin, Germany
• Abwehr, Performance Festival nearby the former border watchtower in Berlin-Kreuzberg/ Schlesischer Busch, Berlin, Germany (2007 )
• Satellites of Lahore, Performance Festival, Annemarie Schimmel-Haus, Lahore, Pakistan (2004)